Friday, September 26, 2014

My Love for Lacrosse

When I was in the fourth grade, my mom suggested that I try lacrosse.  I wanted to try something new, so I said I would do it.  I used my friends old stick and goggles, and I bought a mouth guard.  I was super nervous so, I got my friend to do it with me.  Together, we went to our first practice.  We had no clue how to catch or throw, and I felt like everyone was better than me.  I kept going to practice, and I tried to improve, but I just didn't have good eye hand coordination.  After the season was over, I told my mom I hated it, and that I didn't want to do it anymore.  So, I didn't do it in fifth grade, but come sixth grade, I decided to try it again.  More of my friends wanted to try it, so I decided to do it with them.  Throughout the season, we all got to be pretty good.  We could all catch and throw and play the positions.  When seventh grade came, we all did it again.  I really started to develop a passion for lacrosse and I really started to love it.  Each day at practice I tried really hard to get better and each game I gave it my all.  In eighth grade, my friends and I led the team.  It was hard to believe that a group of girls could come from not knowing anything, to leading their team.  I am now going to play in high school, and further pursue my love for lacrosse.

-Claire Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment