Thursday, October 2, 2014

Swimming

I started to swim in the summer of 2008 at Bloomfield Open Hunt (BOH). It was so much fun and instantly fell in love it it. I continued to swim that year (2008-2009) with the Birmingham Blue Dolphins (BBD). This is a very competitive and well know team around the Midwest. In the summer of 2009 I started to really get into swimming, I got moved up to the 11-12s, 13-14s, and 15 ups practice. This was a great point for me because I really improved over the season, with my main strokes of breaststroke and freestyle. I once again did BBD and that was also a great season for being nine. Continuing, I did BOH and improved by breaking a record that still stands today for the 50 breaststroke. Then BBD once again in 2010-2011. This was the best year. My season when I was 10 was when I broke times and did very well. The 2011 summer was the last summer I belonged to BOH. Then in the winter I did BBD (2011-2012) but quit after two practices because I just didnt love it anymore. In 7th grade though i decided to do BBD again but ending up quitting again. I did school swim (2013) though and had a lot of fun. Then next year in 8th grade, was my last year of swimming. I swam for my middle school breaking two relay records and getting my final 50 free time at 26 seconds.
-Olivia Smith-

No comments:

Post a Comment