Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cross Country

Ever since 6th grade, I have done cross country.  I decided to try it, and I fell in love with it.  In middle school, you only ran 2 miles.  Some practices were harder than others, but it was fun.  But, half way through my season in 6th grade, I got really, really sick.  I got pneumonia.  I was out for 2 and a half weeks and missed half of my cross country season.  I missed counties and was really upset.  I did cross country throughout 7th and 8th grade too, and now i'm doing it in  high school.  High school cross country is so much harder than middle school cross country.  Instead of 2 miles, we run 5k's, or 3.1 miles.  That's a huge difference.  On average we run 5-6 miles a day, sometimes more.   Even though its tough, it's great training, and the end results are amazing at meets.  I will continue to run, because I love running.

"When your legs get tired, run with your heart"

-Claire Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment